Saturday, June 23, 2012

In one week, I got to move, but where?

In exactly one week, I have vacate my apartment.  I'm packing up most of my belongings, the other will have to be sold or donated. And I don't mind. I'm ready for this next stage in my life. I'm going to leave Texas in July. That's the plan.

I have a few places that I'm going to try. Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. I'm just going for it. I think at this point, there's no turning back, I have been planning on leaving for the last six months. I hoping for this position. Oh universe, help a girl out.

I specifically am looking at working in the Arts/Non-Profit World, and those cities would be good points to start at; until I can go internationally. I want to work all over the world, specifically in art and history. I love all art and history subjects, with that comes culture and fashion; which I love even more. I'm that girl that stops to read all the markers and descriptions at the museums or parks.
I felt the kid in the box was hilarious and related to the fact that I'm moving on up from a kid to adulthood. 
Now begins the packing and organizing. Then comes the traveling. I've been thinking of going about this one of two ways. Either travel by bus or fly by plane. The bus would LITERALLY cost me pennies (megabus). I could probably get to NYC from SA in less than 30USD. Though, it would take a number of buses to transfer, but if I plan accordingly, I could have an awesome ride. I would just have to make a WHOLE ton of brownies. The special kind, to get me through the trip, so that I can trip. If not I'll have to be anxious the entire way. Yet, a plane would get me there in a couple of hours... but isn't as fun, unless drunk.

I'm trying to take it one day at a time, but I'm so excited. I've been waiting for this moment for the last two years. I am so ready! I put myself through school, got my Double Bachelors (with a minor- not bad eh?) and I'm ready for that awesome job now! I want to build my resume before heading to grad school, and gain the experience as well as a desk space for myself.

The anxiety is building and the anticipation is unsurmounting.

Oh my goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment