Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Last day in Texas

I have a bit of mixed feeling as I leave Texas today, my Dad saying goodbye-saying he will see me again when I get back. I laughed and said," I'm not coming back." Adding," I'll be in Europe in a few years, and you wont see me." He replied saying he'll see me at Christmas.

Yeah right, you'll be heading to NYC for the holidays-they've never been. And I will say this, as a person who really doesn't celebrate the holiday season- after working in any retail shop(my case Sam's Club), I truly enjoy NYC while all the lights are up and I can't wait for the snow!

The plan for today: Drink coffee, wake and bake the rest of my green, get ready for the plane and wait for my Moms to come and load up to get out.

I just gave my Dad a hug goodbye-he told me to write!?! Ok sure Dad, I'll write... or call, or text you? He's old, in his sixties, so that type of response is granted. 


In the past several days, I have been pretty much ALL over Texas. Flew in to Dallas for about 5 mins on Saturday- but have put about 700 miles in between Austin-San Antonio-San Marcos area. I'm very ready to get rid of my car and give her a bit of a retirement. She needs it. I've got to soak in the last bit of Texas, but now, it's time to move on.

I love you Texas, but I just don't think it's going to work out any longer. We had a pretty long run, and I'm grateful for all you've done, but I think it's me and not you. You're great, it's just that I'm growing, you're growing and I don't think it's together. So... I guess we have to break up now. We can still be friends, eh? 

Me and Texas are breaking up, but it's completely amicable. We have an understanding, I think Texas knew it was coming. I've been unhappy for quite some time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment