Monday, July 2, 2012

The world has given me a sign.

New York, it is.

In less than a few days, I will be flying to New York, on my own and alone. I was nervous at first, but once I got wind of my second interview, I knew that I had to jump ship. I'm leaving with confidence.
I'm excited, nervous but not scared. I've been on my own and have pretty good intuition about things. I know I'm going to do fine, I have too much common sense and street smarts, which should help me navigate through the city.
For all of you out there who don't know me, I've been jabbering about this moment for six months. Ever since I left New York, I left my heart behind too. I cried the entire flight back. I wanted so bad just to stay... forever. I knew that once I boarded that plane that I would be back for good, or make it my home for a while. The universe is making everything fall into place, and I'm grateful. Truly grateful. My heart seems like its fluttering a  million miles a minute, at this very moment. Just the thought is sending stars and warm fuzzy feelings to my head.

I'm ready for this. I've been preparing for this for a while. Selling and giving away half my items. Packing things and storing them, not sure when I'll come back for them. The thing is, if I don't take the plunge now, I never will; and luckily, things have been falling into place and screaming that this is the TIME. The time is NOW. I have no lease, no job, and have an extended amount of time to repay my school loans- because technically I haven't "graduated" (it's not official until August). I'm seeking approval of my Minor...  I have an additional two months before I have to start paying! Ha ha, Suckers. 

I've gotten nothing but positive responses! Thank you everyone, for the encouragement and moral boost! I'm confident that this is the path that my life will lead. I'm hoping to make New York my new home, whether permanent or temporary.

I'm ready. I'm young, I'm wild and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment