Saturday, July 7, 2012

My last few days in Texas

Hooray! I got the position with Council of Arts and Humanities for Staten Island! I'm very elated to be part of a team of some awesome and inspiring people. I'm excited!

I leave Texas in three days. When I leave, I'm not going to be looking back that often, I know I'll come back to visit, but the goal of this is to continue to the next step. Perhaps, after a few years in NY, I'll go to Europe or anywhere! The possibilities are endless.

In the last three days, I said goodbye to co-workers, was whisked off to Houston to see the city and the fireworks, and then returned to my last First Friday art walk here in San Antonio. It's interesting enough to see that everything always comes full circle. I remember my first week in San Antonio; I had just started school, living and commuting from New Braunfels, and was invited to First Friday by my peers at my internship for the Alameda. That First Friday is drastically different from the art walk I know today. It's interesting to see how things evolve, how they change and how you, yourself grow and adapt to the very same changes.

I think, after last night, this whole situation has become more and more realistic. The feelings and emotions are finally starting to sink in, and the realization that I won't be in Texas anymore is blooming into full fruition.

The journey is truly about to begin.  This blog is serving as an active journal, of my trials and tribulations of the next year, and how I will adjust, how I will grow, and how anybody with a dream and passion can make things happen. I'm going to try and be as open and honest about most of my life, that way this is more of a personalized diary.

I'm sure you read before that I have been planning this for months, but the extent of me actually going into details of the hours I've spent in front of the computer looking at jobs, cost of living, rentals, neighborhoods, bike routes, transit systems, and much more including the boroughs and local government, it would exhaust you. That's what I have been doing for the last four months, on top of working, internships (working), school and side projects. And it hasn't only been for just New York, I've looked at San Francisco, Chicago, and Houston. Now, I can narrow down my focus and start putting my energy and thoughts into my new home.

For the last few months, I've heard from both sides; the positivity and encouragement, but I've also heard the negativity and the discouragement. For those who have been supportive, thank you, for in your life-you too will do great things, because you have the optimism not only for yourself, but for others-which is selfless. I think that's a trait most of us strive for in life. For the others, re-read that last sentence.

I'm overjoyed! This single girl is ready to hit the ground running. New York, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment